LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruthi (n/a)     20 May 2015

Title document in private builder colony

In Greenfields Colony, Faridabad, we are purchasing a plot of land on complete cheque payment. The seller had booked the plot with Urban Improvement Company 20 + years ago, but has not taken posession of said plot.

He is however the owner of said plot as per records available with the developer of colony.

The original allotee doesn't have "posession letter" nor does he have "allotment letter" . He maintains that the company never gave these title documents as per buyer agreement he paid in installments and there was delay of over 20 years in handing posession of said plots by the developer.

The seller however does have receipts for payment of said plots, and has also produced a letter from the developer that as per their records he "hold" the polt in his name.

I consulted local lawyer in Faridabad, who maintains that sale deed can not be registered in Sub Registrar Office without "title document" and receipts for payment of plot price by seller is not title document....

Now my question is then in case of Greenfields colony, there can not be any sale deed for transfer of plots in this scenario, or am I missing something... Please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     20 May 2015

Mam, 

Please file the RTI first and see in whose name the property is registered and check the records of the registrar .... I mean title deeds are important because you need to see in whose name the property stands in records as on date . 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Adv 

Shruthi (n/a)     23 May 2015

Thanks Sh Kapilji for your reply.

but I am sure there is no registered document anywhere as posession not given by developer....

Shruthi (n/a)     28 May 2015

Please any body from Faridabad Haryana dealing with registar office help me please

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register