LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaishnavi Narayanan (Associate)     05 March 2013

Tips for draft- please

I'm Preparing for Patent Agent exam 2013, so can anyone please give me some useful tips for drafting the patent specification with special reference to claims and abstract.

Learning

6 Replies

carnation (student)     06 March 2013

you need to be first thorough with , patents act 1970.

go through the draft manual as well

Sy.patents (Freelance)     06 March 2013

Carnation: I doubt if the patent act and draft manual would help you for drafting paper, especially the claims part.

Vaishnavi: Drafting abstract should not be difficult, but drafting claims require basic understanding of claim structure and various rules. for example, single sentence, consistent terminology, proper use of verbs, antecedent basis, correct dependencies, indefiniteness etc.............above all, you will not be in a position to claim the invention properly unless you have clear understanding of the invention!!

I recommend you to read the following books (they are pretty costly):

Invention analysis and claiming

Faber on Mechanics of claim drafting from PLI

In some of my earlier posts I suggested few approaches on drafting. Please have a look at them.....hope you might benefit.

All the best~!!!!

1 Like

Vaishnavi Narayanan (Associate)     08 March 2013

Thank you for  your suggestion

Vaishnavi Narayanan (Associate)     08 March 2013

Thank you for your valuable guidence, if you have any more tips for patent agent exam please help me with that.

carnation (student)     08 March 2013

u can join some crash courses goin on ...depending on your location

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     08 March 2013

this site will be very useful for drafting the patent specification with special reference to claims and abstract 

https://www.ipindia.nic.in/ipr/patent/manual/HTML%20AND%20PDF/Manual%20of%20Patent%20Office%20Practice%20and%20Procedure%20-%20html/Chapter%205.htm

what all you require will be in one site for preparation of patent exam 

all the best 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register