LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

OPPILAMANI G (ASST> COMMR)     01 June 2023

Time limit for payment of compensation after erection of ht lines amnd towers

In 2018 The Tamil Nadu electricity board has erected  2 nos 110 KW towers and laid lines over  1000 meters on my agricultural land at Kayarlabad Village, Ariyalur Taluk. They have not yet sanctioned compensation for such laying up of HT lines . When the Chief Engineer, T.N TRANSCO , Trichy was contacted ,She is always saying that necessary fund is awaited from their Head Office at Chennai. Nearly 5 years lapsed. Is their any Court order fixing timelimit for payment of compensation. Please advice me sir


 5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     02 June 2023

File an application under Section 6 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 before concerned PIO / SPIO of the State Electricity Board.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 June 2023

The right to compensation for acquisition of land is not only a constitutional rights but it is a Human rights. The electricity board is bound to enter into an agreement or execute MOU with you before acquiring your land, and if they have acquired your land without the legal procedure  the acquisition will be nothing but a consfication or seizure of your land and will amount to Constitutional Tort. Obtain the necessary information as suggested above before taking legal action. However, I would suggest that you engage a lawyer to assist you.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 June 2023

Just issue at first instance Notice for release of compensation amount and give them a dead line, claim damages for delay in payment of rightful amounts and inform them they will be liable to pay interest at banking rate from the day of installation of towers and stretching HT wires. You should give a months’ notice and there after file suit

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 June 2023

Not only civil suit but you can also file criminal case against those officers of electrical department, as no one has a right to enter your land without your permission. You can also defend your land with swords and guns etc.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 June 2023

You can issue a legal notice demanding the compensation amount.

Failing to respond or comply with the demand made , you can file a suit for recovery of compensation amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register