Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Prasad   04 March 2016

Time for writ peition hearing

Hi,

I have a writ petition filed in the Andhra Pradesh High Court in an Endowment Related Case. The writ was filed in January 2011 and it has still not come up for hearing after 5 Years. My question is A) Does it normally take 5 years to hear a writ petition? B) What remedies do I have to ask the court to hear the writ? Have been getting varied answers from my lawyer, so I would be greatful if I could get a clear picture and decide further course of action. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Mani (land owner)     05 March 2016

It depends upon the respondants.If it is not in favour of them they will procrastinate the case with out filing the counter yers to  gether.unfortunately they is no time limit fixed by the High courts in india to dispose the case.ask your counsel to  fix an earlier date of hearing.

NANDKUMAR B SAWANT (ADVOCATE./LAWYER)     06 March 2016

N.B.SAWANT., M.COM.LL.B.,ADVOCATE HIGH COURT,

WITH REFERENCE TO YOUR QUESTION REGARDING WRIT PETITION, KINDLY NOTE THAT IN CASE YOU WISH TO GET THE SAID WRIT PETITION FOR HEARING SOON , YOU MAY SUBMIT CIRCULATION NOTE BEFORE THE CONCERNED BENCH OF HIGH COURT AND MENTION THE FACTS IN WRITING AND REQUEST FOR EARLY HEARING. COURT WILL ISSUE DIRECTIONS. BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW UP WITH THE CONCERNED DEPTS AND GET THE OBJECTIONS CLEARED. GOOD LUCK.

NANDKUMAR B SAWANT (ADVOCATE./LAWYER)     06 March 2016

N.B.SAWANT., M.COM.LL.B.,ADVOCATE HIGH COURT,

WITH REFERENCE TO YOUR QUESTION REGARDING WRIT PETITION, KINDLY NOTE THAT IN CASE YOU WISH TO GET THE SAID WRIT PETITION FOR HEARING SOON , YOU MAY SUBMIT CIRCULATION NOTE BEFORE THE CONCERNED BENCH OF HIGH COURT AND MENTION THE FACTS IN WRITING AND REQUEST FOR EARLY HEARING. COURT WILL ISSUE DIRECTIONS. BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW UP WITH THE CONCERNED DEPTS AND GET THE OBJECTIONS CLEARED. GOOD LUCK.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register