Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Singh   28 March 2019

time for filing private complaint

I had initially filed a written complaint at the sho of police station bug got reply that there is no cognizable offence seen. Then I made written complaint to the dcp he also replied that there is no cognizable offence seen. Now my question is that in within how many days do I have to file a private complaint to the metropolitan magistrate from dcp's reply? is it within 30 days or more than 30 days up till 60 days will do?

 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 March 2019

It is illegal to not register an FIR. The remedies available are:
1. You can meet the Superintendent of Police or other higher officers like Deputy Inspector General of Police & Inspector General of Police and bring your complaint to their notice.
2. You can send your complaint in writing and by post to the Superintendent of Police concerned. If the Superintendent of Police is satisfied with your complaint, he shall either investigate the case himself or order an investigation to be made.
3. You can file a private complaint before the court having jurisdiction.
4. You can also make a complaint to the State Human Rights Commission or the National Human Rights Commission if the police does nothing to enforce the law or does it in a biased and corrupt manner.

S Singh   29 March 2019

kindly read my question carefully

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query