Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anwesa (SCIENTIST)     13 September 2013

Through proper channel application in probation period

Dear Sir, 

I work as a class-I Gazetted scientist in Central Govt. My stipulated probation period of 1 yr has been completed but probation is not cleared as because character and antecedant verification certificate is yet to come.

1) Can I apply for an faculty post in an autonomous Deemed university in my probation period thorough channel. Though the University did not ask for application through proper channel as they post do not required any experience. 

2) The admin of present job said verbally that I can not apply neither send any advance application. 

3)If I send a advance application and get selected..can I leave my present job in probation? In that case i will tell the University that I will submit my resignation copy before joining them. I can ask for sufficient time for joining to them.

In my appointment letter, there is no mention on what will happen if i want to resign in probation. So I beleive that the this will be in accordance with the prevailing Govt of India rules.

Please reply with rule references

thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     13 September 2013

You are still probationer that is continuing in service without confirmation. You can apply to university post if in the application it is not mentioned that through proper channel you mention that you are working so and so. Proper channel is service rules of Government and may do so.

anwesa (SCIENTIST)     14 September 2013

Sir,

thanks for your prompt reply.

Do you mean that as I am in probation I can apply directly? I dont have to apply through proper channel as I can not do that. It is also true that there is no mention about the requirement of through proper channel application in the University` advertisement.

1) Can you give me reference of any rule vide which I can state my current employer that I am going to apply for a University post and as my service is not yet confirmed, application through proper channel is not required. (This is required because in my appointment letter it is mentioned that I have to take permission from from my present employer for applying to  any outside employment)

2) Will there be any problem if i resign in probation period from the present employment? in that case I can join my new job with relieving letter.

thank you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2013

apply through proper channel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register