LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY SINGH   21 June 2018

threats of honour killing

me and my girlfriend both want to marry. both of us are adults. but her parents are threatening to kill both of us if we marry each other. and iam well aware of haryana honour killing. what should i do.


 3 Replies

Siddharth Jain   21 June 2018

you can approach high court or supreme court by way of a writ petition under section 226/32 of the Indian Constitution praying for police protection as life and personal liberty of both of you should be protected. The court, if satisfied with your arguments give you police protection so as to protect you from the families.
For any other query feel free to contact me at
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2018

Record irrefutable evidences of threads and keep these safely..

Hope your companion stands by you and shall depose in your favor if the need be.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2018

The best is to approach senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/bye laws-Act in the state  … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..and show the  case related docs/inputs etc etc for a considered opinion for the safety in future and proceed under learned advise of your counsel…..

If possible marry when both of you are adults and well settled and with blessings of elders on both sides..

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query