LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

girish rathod (Software Developer)     30 May 2011

Threatening to beat my 70 year father

There is school ground in front of my shop, where all local boys play cricket, among them one boy is son of the school owner. My father whose age is 70 year seat in the shop. On sunday there ball came in my shop due to which my father got angered and spoke bad word for them. In response, boys also started giving bad words and said we will play cricket what you have to do you can do. I called  police through 100 no. [mumbai police emegency number] when police arrived on ground, some boys said that if your father again spoke bad we will beat them, infront of the police constable.

I recorded all the conversation through my mobile phone [which include police and all local boys voice], and filled a nc against them. Now they are threatening to beat me and my father.

I dont want to fall under coagnizable complain. Among them school owner boy father is politician.

Please Help


 7 Replies

Shantibhushan (Advocate)     30 May 2011

Exactly what u want to do now ?... want to go legally or settle it.

girish rathod (Software Developer)     30 May 2011

I want to settel and event said sorry to them, but as i filled nc against them, they said me that they will take the revenge

sweta singh (n/a)     30 May 2011

if you want to settle the dispute talk to the father of the boy as well as to the boy tell them excuses lyk ur father is ill and short tempered...give excuses you cant do anyhtng else... and if any complain made withdraw them....

girish rathod (Software Developer)     30 May 2011

i already told them that i can't to anything but incase if they raised hand on my father what can i do.

Shantibhushan (Advocate)     30 May 2011


Mr. Girish

As your case is an open ended one, u can take a chance of settling the same by speaking direcly to principal. And if you want that next time the ball does not comes into your shop, you can also change the direction of the shop entry/window (if you can) which can prevent future fights.

Instead of above, if you feel that the matter is not able to be settled peacefully and you apprehend of happening something against you/your father physically, you should certainly not withdraw your NC but in addititon you should inform the concerned Police officals of the same and you can aslo request them to help you in settling the matter peacefully. If police settles it that may be the end of the dispute.

But still if thereafter you feel something fishy then you will have to be alert and certainly go legal against such anti-social elements. For the same you can approach your nearest local lawyers for consultation and action.

sweta singh (n/a)     30 May 2011

ok then...make humble request 2 them  and again if they dont compromise......file a case under section 144 crpc.....in this section the police will hav to submit a report in court on the situation then c how every1 wil co-operate......and take advise of ur lawyer too.........

girish rathod (Software Developer)     31 May 2011

Thank you very much for ur time and reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register