Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Threaten from wife & brother in law

This is Ranjith Kumar from Chennai. In the year 2014 - 2017, self had faced a false 498A case & got Relieved with judgement. However I have accepted her back after huge request from her family.

She always found to be moody behaviour for no reasons. Whenever I asked about this then she starts quarrel. Several times, I have conveyed the same to her family. But no response from their side.

Day by day, the problem got increased. This time, Her brother working as a police constable is threatening me to go as per her wish or other wise I could face legal issues once again.

I need all your suggestions to procced further.

Thanks/ Ranjith Kumar.


If you are receiving threatening and harrasment regularly in that case you have option to file divorce case on the ground of cruelty. Send legal notice through advocate and file petition in court. 



If you are getting any type of threats either by  phone calls , whatsapp , email or in any other form  from your brother in law    record them all in your mobile phone and immediately report  to the police and get the copy from them and submit the same document before the court where your 498A is running , also file a divorce case on the base of harassment an cruelty upon you .


My 498A case was closed. during trial, my wife stated that she filed complaint with mind confusion.
Practising Advocate

I agree with the  above experts.

Acquittal in 498A case  benefits you for your future legal proceedings.

Decide well whether  do you want to divorce your wife? But if  you have children they will be seriously effected.

Threat calls from your brother in law can be managed by recording them and filing a police complaint and  also by complaining to his higher authorities.

Contest the case if they file any false cases against you. There is nothing to worry.


I agree with you. please suggest me what shall I do. I want to clear the family surroundings of my wife who misguiding her.
Dy Director

if you were acquitted of 498a then it was a valid ground for divorce being a sort of torture.


It is not clear when did it happen and whether you have condones it or not.  Per-se you have condoned this as you started living together.


meet a lawyer for detailed discussion.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x