LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hariprabha (Nil)     25 August 2015

threat to life need help

Dear members, need your advice urgently. This evening myself with family was going out in our car. Near a turn, my husband blowed the horn and was about to take the turn when a person on two wheeler came from the opposite direction, turning towards us. My husband put the break.... Did not hit the bike and was atlest four or five steps from the bike. But the two wheeler guy inspite of putting break fell along with his bike. Nothing happened to him. He raised his head and looked at my husband who was then at his side lifting his bike. Once he stood up he started scolding my husband telling that we did not blow horn. But we did blow horn. We left without creating a scene as the guy was working in the same psu where my husband is, we thought of calling him after some time when he would have cooled down and explain the situation. After sometime when my husband called him on his mobile he started scolding and threatened him telling he will harm us. We have a baby. So I am very scared. My husband has the call recorded automatically in his mobile and said he shall try to file an fir with the police. Will that cause any further problems for us? Can the other guy file any police complaint against us. There was no accident exactly. I don't know why he fell. Maybe he lost balance or he was too fast near the turn. Is filing fir a good idea or is there anything else we should do. Kindly advice.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     25 August 2015

It seems out of anger he must have threatened your husband. on a safer note your husband can lodge an NC against him that such incident took place at the said location and he is threating of dire consequences for him and his family and you anticipate that he might do something worng with you people. The police will call him up in your presence and would ask him to visit the police station and will be warned in your presence not to do any acts which could trouble your husband and the family members.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

If we file an NC and may be he harms us in future will the NC be enough to hold him responsible?

The guy called my husband just now and told he is standing outside our house and threatened him to meet him face to face. But my husband is in office so called me asked not to open the doors whatever happens. I think that guy is serious about harming us. Will police provide protection if v show the recorded calls?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 August 2015

instead of filing an nc i think its better to file a complaint itself over that person in the police station stating the facts you had mentioned

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 August 2015

Immediately file a complaint in the PS,about the unruly behaviour of that person and threat to life for no and  fault of urs reasons.If there are no witnesses for the accident,his contentions would yeild no substance.Next time when U find him outside UR house take a photosnap,which could be useful.

SURESH (Hardware Engg)     26 August 2015

It is better to intimate in ur office management in writing the incidence and its consequences act of the said person so that they may deal officially along with police station.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register