FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyesh Kumar (N/A)     05 April 2013

Threat of dowry case before marriage

My marriage was fixed 1 months before and engagement rings were already exchanged. During this time I found that the girl has an affair and doesn't want to marry me. But their parants are pressurizing her to marry. When I knew this I wanted to  cancel the marrige. Meanwhile that girl also sent me message stating she is not a bit interested in me and also cant go against their parants, telling me to cancel the marriage. Her boy friend also thretened me not to marry her and cancel the marriage as soon as possible.

Meanwhile their parants put a ploy and get my account number from my father and transferred 2.5 lakhs Rs saying  to buy jewellery for her daughter as we are in favor of simple marriage. They requested to spend this money in marriage. My ignorant parants did not understand their ploy .

Now I don't want to marry her , their parants are threatening us to file an FIR for dowry demand. I am so tensed what to do now. They have proof of fund transfer in my account. I have ony proof of message received from his daughter  stating no interest in marriage.


 19 Replies

**Victim** (job)     05 April 2013

Buddy there is a proof to prove that money was transferred to your account. If the girl says no then make her file an affidavit saying that she is not interested in marriage and she doesn't want to file any dowry case else you are going to go  through hell. In this issue, girl can only save you from false dowry case. Just make a mutual agreement saying that the only way you can avoid marriage is if she saves you from false dowry case and also get her boyfriend involved in this matter.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2013

yes she alone can sdave you.  Or else you people are wellframed.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 April 2013

you take the help of the elders.  You contact me I will advise you how to solve this problem

1 Like

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     05 April 2013

victim@ is right follow the advice

1 Like

Trupthi Agarwal (advocate)     05 April 2013

she and her boyfriend can save you from trauma. the message and the written undertaking as said by @victim will also be helpful for you

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     05 April 2013

along with that transfer the money of said amount to their account back.
1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2013

ranee is right.  The refund should be forthwith.

1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     05 April 2013

Transfer the money back to their account and refuse to marry her. There is no solid case against you.



1 Like

abhishek (advocate)     05 April 2013

transfer the money back with interest if possb. this will help u if any case is registered against u and keep the sms or the other evidence with u

1 Like

Priyesh Kumar (N/A)     06 April 2013

Thank u Manish Sir,

I am also thinking to transfer the money back to their account and refuse to marry.

Will it work? Beacause that girl playing dual role, in front of her parants she is accepting everything and ready to marry me, But in reality she wants me to cancel the marriage. Right now their parants are silent but her uncle threatened me whose conversation I have recorded for another proof.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     06 April 2013

You do your part, let them worry about their part. If they file a case, then fight vigorously. You prove that you have not demanded money but they have sent it as a conspiracy.


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2013

right now you have to walk out of the marrigage. You have been nicely trapped. Refund of money will start you exit.

priyanka (microbiologist)     10 April 2014

sir I lived in delhi . one of my friend is threatend by false dowry fir even though he is just engaged few months back ...he is forced to get marrind .when he denied to get married girl's parents threat him and his family.kya in sab se bacchne ka koi rashta h .plz help him reply as soon as possible .shaadi isi 19 ko hai.plz help me

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2014

@ Priyanka start new thread and furnish the following information as well.


  1. when was your friend engaged?
  2. when did he refuse for marriage?
  3. why did he refuse for marriage?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query