Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

thirumala1 (yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)     05 July 2016

Threat of 498a

hello Experts,

Need advice to fight against  false  498A.

myself sister of the sufferer , My brother got married 4 months back she stayed with my brother only 20 days(not continous 20 days).she left inlaws house without any reason,when my brother did call to her to come back simply she said i dont want to come to inlaws house.Now she is planning to file 498A with all baseless allegations, and there is no demand of dowry or cruetly.

how to overcome this situation? need advice

Learning

13 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     05 July 2016

why did she leave within a short span of 20 days? what happened?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 July 2016

file an nc in the police station that she might file false cases on you and your family.

file an nc in the police station that she might file false cases on you and your family.

thirumala1 (yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)     05 July 2016

why did she leave within a short span of 20 days? what happened?

without any reason she left nothing happened

Vibha   05 July 2016

1. What is the reason behind your apprehension that she will file such a case?
  2. There is nothing you can do to stop her from filing a case.
  3. If she does file, contest on merits, there is no shortcut or silver bullet.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 July 2016

The husband has to go his wife house and talk to her clearly with the help of her elders before going to police station. Amicable solutions availability is there in their personal meet. 

Vijay Bhaskar Reddy   05 July 2016

Nothing to worry about 498A. As per the Supreme Court guide lines no arrest will be made before counselling. As much as possible keep evidence of her denial of not joining your brother. 

Pawan S (Advocate)     05 July 2016

You can't do anything if they are planning to file suits against you. Don't worry. It is a usual tale of many families.

Fight against the allegations & face the trial (in case if they file suit against you). Nothing to worry.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2016

Originally posted by : Vijay Bhaskar Reddy
Nothing to worry about 498A. As per the Supreme Court guide lines no arrest will be made before counselling. As much as possible keep evidence of her denial of not joining your brother. 

There is everything to worry.

Supreme Court never said that arrst will not be made at all.  The crime is recorded on statute book.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2016

given facts do not indicate the situation to be beyond repair.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     21 July 2016

your first step should be to file NCR in cncerned PS.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register