Threat by in-laws

Dear sir,

My wife has filed 498A case against me and my family members. They said in the court that they want 20Lacs as lump-sum amount to give divorce by mutual consent. On denial they started giving us threat to abduct and kill me if we will not give them the said amount.

Kindly advise what to do now.

Can i give application in the court that we are receiving threat's for abduction and killing by the in-laws.

Practicing Advocate

Firstly file a complaint with the police about the said threats.


gaurav, U are an engineer use the modern technology to collect more and more evidence form of voice recording, email ,,sms .........

Consult your lawyer how better you can use this to get out from false 498a

Dy Director

being innosent is onethingk


eatablishment of innosence is another.

Dy Director

come with full facts


Such matters are dealt by the local police, lodge a complaint against those threatening people, if local police are reluctant to initiate any action, approach the District superintendent of police with another complaint against the local police also.

Dy Director

Please state full facts of the case.


In many cases the forum has seen that persons come to seek advise against wife and in-laws and when they describe full facts in their own language they disclose that they are guilty.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x