Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

johan   26 September 2015

Theft of gold without bills

I have loged an FIR u/s 406 & 420 against my wife as she took gold ornaments from my house belonging to me and now denies having it when it was given back. These gold ornaments were given as gifts by my relatives and they have disposed off the original bills as it was of no use to them. The police are asking me for original bills or they say they will file B report. Though there are eyewitness statements saying she took the gold from my house. Are the bills required or is it the police duty to check my wifes house and her bank locker for the ornaments.


 2 Replies


Without bills how can U say they belong to U? Police are right.

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     27 September 2015

In our Indian society every gift is not accompanied belongs to stridhan. Sometimes father of a bride makes list of ornaments given to daughter. In case of dissolution of marriage to get back is important.if you won't have anything why to disturb the law enforcing authority.time has come you should go to family more open ion necessary in such type of personal matters.readers pl find out any reported judgment concerning such type of allegation .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query