LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TARUN   29 January 2009

THEFT OF DOCUMENTS BY AN EMPLOYEE

Hello Every Body I Wants To Know That Theft Of Documents [ I.E. Registers / Books / Attandence Registers / Wages Registers / Payment Registers / Record Of Costumers ] Of Company By An Employee Is Described What Type Of Offence In Ipc ? And I Nwants To Know That These Type Of Documents, Mentioned Above, Are Described As What Type Of Property According To Law ? Can That Employee Be Charged Under 381 Or In 411 ? If Anyone Have Judgements Of Highcourt Or Supreme Court In Above Mentioned Matter Please Give It To Me Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     29 January 2009

Section 381 of Penal code is very clear. An employee commiting theft can be charged and punished for that offence. I think if the section is clear one need go for citation.

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     29 January 2009

Sec. 381 of IPC

Whoever, being a clerk or servent or being employed in the capicity of a clerk or servent, commits theft in respect of any property in the posseession of his master or employer, shall b epunished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register