IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun singh (Dentist)     06 June 2021

Theft in neigbourhood

Hello. I live in a densely populated locality. A few days back at my neighbour's house there was theft as they were not at home. after coming back they got to know about it and were totally devastated. can someone please tell me what can be done to help and how should they file the complaint? 


 5 Replies

nikita jain   06 June 2021

You can file a complaint of theft under section 378 of IPC.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 June 2021

Your neighbour must file a "theft" complaint (physically or on line) with local police without (before) disturbing scattered articles for registration of FIR and necessary investigation / action.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     06 June 2021

Complaint to the local limit police station by phone then come for inspection  and the police officer could take statement from your neighbor

Law Point   06 June 2021

FIR to be registered with the local police station under whose jurisdiction the said act were committed.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2021

You may advise your neighbor to lodge a criminal complaint in writing to the local police station giving the details of all those items suspected to have been stolen, and if he has any suspicions on anyone known or familiar in the locality . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query