LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu shukla (consultant)     11 February 2012

The transfer of the property

Hi all

 My friend sepeated from her husband 14 years back, she hastwo daughters from this marriage, there no formal divorce, but her husband today gave her the original papers of the land to her as her and daughters share, but the property is still on her husbands name, my question is that what she should to do to transfer the property in her name, as stamp duty is alrrady paid by her husband then she also has to pay the stamp duty??


 2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 February 2012

What is the nature of that document, whether it is rights relinquish deed or gift deed? If it one of them then file an application before the concerned officer to enter their names to the property on the basis of that document.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 February 2012

Wife  has to get the gift {immovable property} from her husband and the gift deed should be registered in sub registrar office .this is the best way to transfer the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register