LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashant patil (T/f)     26 August 2010

THE HINDU SUCCESSION (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2005

my father got a land propery from grand father. before grandfathers death he have done 7/12 on four names in 1988

1 my father

2 my uncle

3 my mother

4 my uncle's wife.

my father have one sister , and she is other varas on 7/12.

now she is asking for her part of property. is she have legal right.?

Learning

10 Replies

Srinivas (Director)     26 August 2010

What is 7/12 mean?

If your grandfather did not write a WILL AND property was *NOT* partitioned as of 2005 then your fathers sister will also be eligible. The exact share will depend upon if property is considered ansestral and who are part of the co-parcenary (you will also have a share).

Please also wait for experts to respond for a more proper direction.

Aniket Giri (ADVOCATE)     26 November 2010

Dear Prashant ji,

What do you mean by 7/12, it would be easier for others to answer if you clear this.

ESN MURTY (RETD)     06 January 2011

Dear experts,

X  built a house from the sale proceeds of his ancestral property plus his own earnings in 1946.He died in 1980 intestate leaving behind his only son Y. Y passed away  in 2010  intestate leaving behind him his widow, a married  son and a married daughter  If the property is to be partitioned what are the shares of the widowed wife of Y, his son and married daughter  afetr the amendment to the hindu succession Act  in 2005?

Amit Gupta (Advocate)     08 January 2011

all the 3 will get equal share as per the shedule of hindu sucssesseion act.

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     08 January 2011

What is 7/12 ? Please clarify.

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     12 January 2011

Village form no. 7/12 is a record of rights maintained by revenue authorities under the Bombay land Revenue Code. It contains the details of land alongwith details of owners, particulars of mutation entries made so far,and encumbrances if any in the column of other rights. It also has the tenure of the said mentioned at the top. if there are orders of civil courts, bank loans or any kind of charges they reflect in column of other rights.

ESN MURTY (RETD)     12 January 2011

Thank you Amitji..

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     02 February 2011

Thank you very much.  Now I  Know what is 7/12.

Dinanath Kataria (xxxxxxxxx)     08 February 2011

Sir, My grandfather died in 1980 left a property without making any WILL. He has 5 sons and 2 daughters. Now the sons wants to sell the property and divide the amount in 5 equal shares. My query is .... Is the 2 daughters are also have equal legal right in share of that property... Both daughters are married in 1972.. (Hindu Family). Is there any law that if the daughters are married before 1989, then they can not claim for equal share in the father's property as sons. Pls. reply .. kataria dinanath.

Girishk (Sr Enggineer)     10 February 2011

7/12 means the katha in hindi..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register