LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore Malhotra (Govt Job)     06 June 2014

Tfr case under one judge


My wife has filed case for interim maintenance and my self filed case for child custody. Both the cases are under different Judges in the same court. Is there any provision so that both the cases can be heard by one Judge. What should I do for that.

Please advice ?


 3 Replies

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     06 June 2014

File a transfer petition in the higher court.

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2015

Dear Kishore

         In view of maintenance case there is no point of transfer because your wife can file case where she is residing and regarding custody of children the jurisdiction only at children resides and no other place only .


with regards

I S Roy, Advocate

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     06 May 2015

@Kishore Malhotra Move an application to the principal judge in the same court to tag both the petitions.


@Srinivas transfer petition are filed to transfer cases from one court to other, not from one judge to another in the same court. If within the state, TP to be filed in HC, in inter state transfer, TP to be filed in SC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register