Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

xyz (xx)     12 April 2011

Termination from psu bank

Hi all,

I had resigned from PSU Bank in dec 2010. In letter i asked for early release and in lieu of three months notice period i deposited the amounts. They issued a letter asking me wait for further instruction. I signed on it as an receiving. I went back to my hometown informing the manager for personal reason i have to go.

After two month the sent me a letter asking me to join the service or ready for termination since they had asked me to stay for further instruction but i left.

I am scared now. Please help me friends. Does the termination will impact me in future. I am preparing for govt job and other bank job. Please guide. Thanks


 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 April 2011

Termination in government job can have negative effects.

You have otherwise submitted resignation and notice pay. Have you obtained receipt of resignation and notice pay instrument i.e. cheque/DD. Have they banked the cheque/DD?

It is believed you have informed your Manager verbally, for personal reasons you have to visit your hometown. You could have obtained leave.


You may go through your appointment letter on conditions of separation. Is it stated that you can tender notice pay in lieu of notice. Is it mentioned that acceptance of notice pay in lieu of notice shall be at the discretion of the management.

Your bank might have sent the letter in accordance to the terms of contract.

You may contact your Manager, and wriggle out of the situation.

chandrasekkar c k (advocate)     13 April 2011

Answer to your query depends on the appointment letter and terms of your employment. Normally resignation entails forefetiure of service and a  VRS request is subject  to acceptance, especially in Banks. If you are really interested in the job better stay in the Bank and avoid termination so that you do not lose the service benefits. Thereafter you apply for VRS and then leave the Bank. If there is a clause in the service regulations of the Bank as to quitting after giving notice pay, then you may reply to the Bank in terms of that clause and leave their services. Please do not abandon the existing employment to seek alternate employment, but get properly relieved from service so that your service benefits with ther present employer are not lost.

subhashmahavadi (cashier)     27 April 2011

Dear Sir ,

Please understand that there is an agreement of service contract enunciated in bi partite settlement for PSU banks Your relinquishing the Job must be according to these agreements.while banks are resorting to unfair prqactices in implementing these agreements Yet youcan approach the laboutr commissioner if any harassment takes place in leaving the jopb and other pecuniary benefits.

subhash mahavadi

M. Munikrishnan (Bank Executive (Retired))     19 May 2011

The above contents are sketchy.  

1) It is not known whether you are an award staff or an officer staff.   If you are an Officer, the Officer Service Regulation reads - "An officer shall not leave or discontinue the service in the Bank w/o first giving a notice in writing of his intention to leave or discontinue the service or resign.   The period of notice required shall be three months and shall be submitted to competent authority as prescribed in these regulations.      Provided further that the Competent auhtority may reduce the period of three months, or remit the requirement of notice."   

The ingredients are - notice period, submission to competent authority, request for waiver of notice period.   Hope you have complied with the above.  

2) When the Bank has advised you to stay for further instructions, did you go on sanctioned leave or otherwise.  

3) Under whose instructions you chose to remit the amount in lieu of notice period- since this has to be approved by the competent authority.  

4) Have you already joined your new employment?  Otherwise, you can always report back for duty and persue your letter of resignation.

Unless the above are clearly stated, it is difficult to guide properly.   

However, do not lose heart.    Termination can be done only after conducting a domestic inquiry and your misconduct is required to be proved .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query