Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (a)     26 August 2014

Tep rti reply receieved from it dept

I filed TEP 40 days back and filed TEP RTI 1 week back and i got the reposne yesterday from the IT Dept of the city addressing to Hyd IT officer forwarding my RTI application asking them to forward the replies or outcome of TEP investigtaion to me. The copy of the letter was sent to me.

Please let me know if this is a good symptom. why did they forward to Hyd IT dept (head quarters)? will i get any answer from Hyd IT team? kindly let m eknow


 9 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 August 2014

Let the reply come first.




Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

Ravi (a)     03 November 2014

hi experts -

regard ing my TEP and TEP RTI, i got the response from the concerned IT Dept. of CIty as forward letter to Hyd IT officer 2 months back.

one month back, i got again response from Hyd forwarding my case back to the city (where i originally filed) to the addl. director of income tax.

just 2 days back, i got a response from the city where i filed like forwarding my case deputy director of income tax department within the same city.


it's been 4 months since i filed and i could see my stuff being hung on these two cities. please help me understand what's going on.

advanced thanks!

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 November 2014

It is indeed sad, you can move First Appeal against such transfers and deciding the proper jurisdiction.



Ravi (a)     05 November 2014

Thank you shoneeji. Please let me know to whom we have to make the first appeal. Also forward any template on the first appeal to me. Many thanks.....

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 November 2014

The ready made template of first appeal may not suffice for you.


First appeal in Income Tax Case is normally to Asst Commissioner or Commissioner as the case may be in that district.


Ravi (a)     05 November 2014

Thank you sirji!

Is writing to income tax commission of the city useful? becasue he only forwarded to Hyd office.

hyd office to the city's additional director. 

again, additional director of the city to deputy director general  of the same city.

confused too much!

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 November 2014

File in your city only.



Ravi (a)     07 November 2014

sir ji,

i am situated at a different city of another state. i filed TEP within the jurisdiction of IT where my FIL & MIL reside. and there the swing happened.

Please let me know if you are advising me to file in my city.


i came across this link .

is this valid? if it is valid, where i can file this and which city? thanks in advance

Ravi (a)     20 November 2014

finally, my TEP got answered and IT dept rejected to reply to my RTI tep petition. it's a sheer waste of time and energy.

i am totally sad. it looks like all 498a wives wont get anything even after filing false cases. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads