LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Balasia (Advocate)     27 November 2010

Tenency Act

Dear All,


My father was death on 18.10.2010. He has a ration shop on rent after death we think the shop was transfered in my mother name but landlord talk to us vacant the shop. 

Please advice me what i am doing. We are interested to run the shop because my mother & one brother is depended on above ration shop.


 4 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     27 November 2010

dear Manish, few tactics may be adopted to defend the possession for some time but the ultimate result is mostly in favour of landlord.


you may file suit for permanent injunction against the landlord but that will be a temporary relief only.


better to settle the matter amicably.

niranjan (civil practice)     27 November 2010

Let the landlord file suit for eviction. After demise of your father and after transfer of licence in your mother's name,if you are running the shop,keep going on..If you are major and assisting your father in the business,you have a case for  not vacating the shop.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     28 November 2010

No eviction possible.

indeep (advocate)     29 November 2010

dont leave the possesion of the shop , fight the case if filed by landlord,

incase need any help further contact personally

regards indeep arora


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query