LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Chauhan   24 October 2023

Tenants are not giving rents for the last 3 years.. now vacated doesnt reply to notices.

Dear sir/Mam,

I have a small house property at My native place..  and I am working  away in different state as a central govt employee in ministry of defence.  My tenants were not giving me rents on proper time,for the last three years.   then after many requests and asking they left the property but did not give the rents...I didnt make any formal papers for this contract  but sent some notices for evacuation.  what can I do as there is no one to look after the property at my native place.  


 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     24 October 2023

Why did you not claim rent for 3 years and continued the tenancy ? Now it may get barred by limitation.

Issue legal notice for recovery of rent, as agreed, through a local prudent lawer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 October 2023

Non-payment of rent is a sufficient ground to seek eviction. However, as they have vacated, it may not be worthwhile opt for legal remedy in seeking the arrears in rent unless the amount is substantial.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2023

If the arrears of rental amount is worth to recover the same by filing a money recovery suit, you can proceed following the legal procedures either as a party in person or through your advocate.

Whether you had claimed the arrears of  rent in the eviction suit or not?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register