Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Maha   26 December 2023

Tenant Stealing water from my house

Good Day Sir,
I am from Goa on mutual Understanding I had given my adjoined house room on rent to one family, since they are constructing there new house in distance of 100 mtrs from my House, I am not staying in same house but I visit frequently, I come to know that during midnight this couple stealing our water from our house for Construction purposes, so I put hidden camera and I got video clip that they are stealing the water . there house is almost above to complete and I want to vacate them, I have not done any agreement with them, now they are showing bossy Attitudes to other tenants and us too. what shall I do I can file the case again them, I am the complete legally owner of my house. any suggestions from Expert.
Thank you

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 December 2023

The tenant couple may asked to stop and compensate you. Besides this, such tenant may be put on few days notice to vacate the premises, declare them as tresspasser thereafter and take necessary legal action through a local prudent lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 December 2023

You can seek lawful compensation for the theft of water.

As to the question of evicition, any suggestion depends upon the local rent laws.

You have the option to serve a legal notice before initiating a civil/criminal action.

God Bless you, Dr J C Vashista, P. Venu for your useful information this platform is really useful for Normal person.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2023

In addition to the above advises, you may first talk to the tenant, show them the video clippings of their stealing activity and demand them to compensate for the stolen water and to vacate the rented premise immediately or else they will be insulted in public besides giving a criminal complaint against them for their undesirable activities against the interest of the owner and then proceed with the proposed or suggested legal actions in furtherance

Thank you Sir, I will talk to them and will ask to vacate the room as soon possible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register