LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit (x)     29 July 2011

Tenant not paying the rent

i have a property in mohali,indutrial area.Two and a half years back i rented this industrial plot.i made a agreement for three years,for eleven months each as in punjab for a rent agreement for more than eleven months u need to register it.but we just notarised it.now since one year they have paid only three-four rents in gaps and also didnt hiked as per agreement as theyu know that it is not registered.they are also ready to leave the premises but not ready to pay my rent.what u suggest.

Learning

10 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     29 July 2011

File a suit for possession. In this case you have to give 6 month notice. You can file a suit for recovery of rent. an unregistered lease can be used in evidence for co-lateral purpose of proving landlord tenant relation. 

amit (x)     29 July 2011

then what is the fun of getting deed registered and they are ready to vacate the space

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     30 July 2011

File a suit for eviction as soon as possible. you should consult a civil lawyer at your state at the earliest.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     30 July 2011

First get possession.

amit (x)     30 July 2011

what after taking the possession

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     30 July 2011

BE PRACTICAL. YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH. THE TENANT IS READY TO LEAVE THE TENANTED PREMISES. TAKE THE POSSESSION IMMEDIATELY THEN THINK FOR OTHER REMEDIES. EVEN RECEIPT OF POSSESSION AT THE COST OF NONPAYMENT OF RENT IS BETTR OPTION BE PRACTICAL.

J.P.PATEL, ADVOCATE PUNE  (9921158871)

abdul (B.A.,L.L.B)     31 July 2011

first you file civil case against the him for getting possession. if u not interested to vacate him , u may file recovery of rent .

amit (x)     03 August 2011

he has vacated,but still few things are lying there and they are not paying the rent

amit (x)     03 August 2011

should i file a suit for non payment of rent

Nimesh Dave (General Secretary)     09 August 2011

I agree with Mr. Patel's Reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register