Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Kher   26 April 2018

Tenant eviction at factory land

I have a tenant at my factory in delhi
on 1st floor since 2014 and the ground floor is with me ..the agreement is general notary registered and expired in 2016,since then the tenant is not vacating the premises ,he has not paid rent and electricity bill since last six months that amounts to 9 lakhs rupees ,I am paying heavy bill amount every month ,I am afraid to file case in court because it will take 4-5 years and create harassment and stress and the judgement is unknown .please suggest what to do

Learning

2 Replies

Siddharth Jain   26 April 2018

Firstly, serve a legal notice to your tenant for eviction through an advocate. Default in paying the rent is a ground for eviction. If he fails to adhere, you can file a petition for eviction before the rent controller. Your tenant's leave to defend would be rejected, if he's not paying any rent at all and the agreement has also lapsed, so, it won't take 4-5 years.
For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Regards,
Siddharth Jain, Advocate.

Bhaskaran Advocate (Lawyer)     27 April 2018

A legal notice is a must before throwing out a tenant.  There is no other option.  Delay in taking action is disadvantage to you.   Legal option is the best remedy.   Moreover the court will order for payment of arrears of rent upon you paying the requisite court fees after you file an eviction suit.

Never mind the delay that happens when you take the matter to court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register