IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh tamil (technical)     07 September 2011

Tenancy law

A tenant who's not paying rent for 6 months & also not vacating.  Also placed a Injunction case against land lord mentioning false points.  there is no paper agreement

Now land lord also sent answer to court. what can the land lord do with out filing rent control act case against tenant?  if the court rejects the injunction can the land lord evacuate the tenant by hard manner?


 11 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     07 September 2011

The tenant can be evicted by following dur process of law. 

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     07 September 2011

File eviction petition as per Rent Act of your State. You should include personal necessity s one of the grounds of eviction.

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     07 September 2011


As per the law in india, no one can get possession of  tenanted premises...

In my opinion.

He may tried to solve your case by putting your case in mediation.

Reply By: Shaulabh Shah Advocate

Website: www.shaulabhshah.com

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     07 September 2011

Eviction of a tenant in possession is not easy , personal necessacity is a dream .

Gulshan Tanwar (Advocate)     07 September 2011

Eviction of tenant is easy as per due process of law, the lawyer must be competent :)

K (Lawyer)     07 September 2011

Dear Raja,

Please get in touch at 8826031237. Shall definately get you the solution.

Best regards,

Kailash Chandra

rajesh tamil (technical)     11 September 2011

Dear Sir, 

The tenant who put injunction request got the one because the land lord lawyer is not properly done in submission. the problem is in the state of tamilnadu. I'll call you with in 2 days.

Jagadesh N (Software Engineer)     16 September 2011


This is a false statement.

If we follow the process with proper lawer , can get your premises back.


rajesh tamil (technical)     18 September 2011

Dear jegadeesan,

thank you for reply. the tenant who's a lawyer contacted my lawyer & spoke to him. & there is  3 hearings but my lawyer didn't submitted notifying strong    points.

Now am searching for a good lawyer for my problem. my tenant is not behaving like a gentleman, as a gentle men agreement by verbal only for 6 months I admtted. but after 6 montha when i requested he put a false petition in police station against me.the person who introduced the tenant also telling truth. for first 2 hearings by the court my lawyer didn't appeared. because there is an understanding between my tenant & my lawyer.  now my lawyer gave all the case documents to me. for next hearing I have to submit the details.

Am not in need of to give false statement.

Susanta Manna (Diploma)     31 October 2011

Dear concerned,

pl inform whether after death of original tenant his spouse is the legal heiress as per hindu law. So after husband's death the spouse can continue the business till her death?Can the landlord create any problem or file case of eviction?


rajesh tamil (technical)     19 November 2011

Dear susanta,


if it's a business prmises the wife can continue the business there. but it's good to have & maintenance good relationship with land lord. But if the land lord required for his own use it's good to vacate. because the property is not your's. we have to hard work buy  a property. we donot try to continue if theland lord objects. it's not good to family 7 our generation. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query