Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh bhandary   05 November 2019

Temporary shed/roof for private terrace

Hi,

We have a flat on the 2nd floor, the 1st floor tenant is having a terrance flat on the 1st floor, for which they have put a temporary shed/roof. Due to shed work we are having issues regarding garbage and noises causes due to rains and heat generated due to sunlight.

I have the following queries:

(1) Is the temporary shed legal as per BMC norm?

(2) Is it possible there is a provission for temporary shed on the private terrance, 1st floor

Kindly guide us and let us know how do I go about it. Thanks.

Learning

12 Replies

Sb Karma   05 November 2019

Originally posted by : Suresh bhandary
Hi,

We have a flat on the 2nd floor, the 1st floor tenant is having a terrance flat on the 1st floor, for which they have put a temporary shed/roof. Due to shed work we are having issues regarding garbage and noises causes due to rains and heat generated due to sunlight.

(2) Is it possible there is a provission for temporary shed on the private terrance, 1st floor

Kindly guide us and let us know how do I go about it. Thanks.

Approxly same question has been answered in earlier posts.

Now your point,,,,,,

if they have society permission and it is minimum in size they may do so,but before that they need permission from society members,so find out first wheather they have permission or not,and you may object it before your society too.

Adv. Vaishali Harish Gore (job)     06 November 2019

I(1) Is the temporary shed legal as per BMC norm? -- Its legal but you have to take permission from BMC before putting Shed
and as it is called temporary shed, the permission given by BMC is also for the temporary period.

(2) Is it possible there is a provission for temporary shed on the private terrance, 1st floor -- For that you have to first check with your society if they allow such type of permissions

Suresh bhandary   06 November 2019

No there is no society permission given to him, The build ing was in redevelopment, the tenant is a new entrant in the society, till now he is not the society member

Adv. Vaishali Harish Gore (job)     07 November 2019

u can register your compliant to Society  firtst , if the said shed is illegal and causing problems to the residents

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 November 2019

1. ANY type of Shed for "private purposes" (irrespective of any reasons) is illegal under the local Municipal laws, the Fire Act and the MRTP Act and is punishable with a fine upto 25000/-.  Under special conditions, a "retractable awning shed" can be installed, WITHOUT permission from anybody.

2. Society has no legal jurisdiction to grant any permission /NOC /demolish /issue directions etc.... relating to such Shed.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Suresh bhandary   07 November 2019

Really appreciate for the inputs you have given.Thanks Agarwal sir

We have launched complain about the shed work, yesterday the BMC field marshal had visited the site and met us. And took all the documennts and letter that we have shared with society and BMC officials

Lets see what can be done, I heard that he had bribed the official, it took them almost a months time to visit the site.

The field marshal told us that he can acquire permission for the temporary shed. We were surprised, so we have asked for the approval paper and what is the parameter of the temporary shed and how long he can keep it?

Any suggestion

Suresh bhandary   14 December 2019

HI Maam

We did wrote a letter to the society, the tenant had got permission letter from BMC for the temporary shed.

We did lodged a complaint on the BMC online, but got answer that they have given permission for the shed wor.

Please let me know what should be my further action.

Regards

Suresh bhandary   14 December 2019

Hi Sir 

Somehow the tenant had got BMC approval on the shed work. 

Few days back we have registered a online complain against the shed work but status say its been approved by BMC

Please let me know what should be my plan of action

Regards

Sb Karma   16 December 2019

Hi Sir 

Somehow the tenant had got BMC approval on the shed work. 

Few days back we have registered a online complain against the shed work but status say its been approved by BMC

Please let me know what should be my plan of action

Regards

Ask BMC  following question....

1. on what grounds they approved?
  2. For how long duration they gave approval?
  3. Which section allowed that act?

Get BMC reply then further may be processed....

Suresh bhandary   21 December 2019

Hi Sir

Thanks for replying back, will try to get the information as suggested by you. Is there any process to acquire answers to your question raised?

Regards

Rafique sayed   06 July 2021

I have recently bought a flat on 7th floor there's a open terrace adjoining it. its a resale flat, as i moved to stay in it my nightmare started, there was lot of garbage on the terrace of my flat (at the time of inspection the previous owner must have cleaned the adjoining terrace). All the Owners from the above floors are throwing their garbage and literally made it the dumping ground. I have requested the Owners of the above floor to stop doing it but to no avail, also i have asked the Owners to put Metal Jali on their windows so the problem get rectified but they are not ready to do so. My parents are senior citizen and I am worried for them. there is no society yet and i have complained to the Builder regarding it. he said me to make a permanent shed to stop the nuisance. Pls guide me what can i do. How can i get the permission from the MCGM for the same

nitin khandelwal   29 September 2023

hi 

i hv a flat on 3rd floor with adjacent terrace 

i made shed on half of the terrace 

above owner complaint against it municipality

i got notice to remove 

how can i challange it?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register