LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharu (SE)     24 October 2011

Temple marriage - need help please

Hello,Could you please provide me suggestion. Me and my lover decided to marry in a temple.Not sure if we can get marriage certificate there.Is there any way that we can get married in temple and then get the marriage registered? If yes, what is the procedure and how long it takes to get the marriage certificate ? We are in a family problem and have taken this decision as this is the only option we have and not to hurt our parents. Thanks a lot in advance

Learning

10 Replies

Also, we both are of age 25 and working and well settled in our jobs..Belongs to the same caste too..But due to family problems, we decided to get married in temple..will temple marriage photos,witnesses(not parents) , age proofs enough for registration of our marriage for marriage certificate ? and what else is required ? Please let me know the details as we do not have much time though

Aishwarya (Teacher)     24 October 2011

you can very well get married in the temple but the pandit in the temple will not give you any certificate

The certificate is a legal doucment and has to be given by a marriage registrar

The temple marriage photographs will be enough proof and will be considered in the court

if required and is also a proof of marriage ,Witnesses if  parents is great but its not the case here, so friends relaitve acquaintances will do..

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     24 October 2011

Dear Bharu,

You can marry in temple.  But to get the marriage registered, you need marraige photos, three witnesses, I.D. proof etc. Consult the Registrar of Marriages in the Sub-Registrar office.

Great Thanks a lot for your reply.For ID proof, we both have our passports so should not be a problem.And I dont think the temple pandit will give any certificate to us.We can get the witnesses(not our parents though).Any idea as how long it takes if submit this proofs to Sub-Register office the next day after getting married in temple ?? We do not much time actually as I have heard it takes one month to get the marriage certificate in the register offices (Iam even not sure of this one month). Please help.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     25 October 2011

Dear Bharu,

You need not wait a minute even for registration soo after your marriage.  If you are ready to furnish all the requirements, it will hardly take one day for issuance of registration certificate.  It all depends upon the work load of the registrar's office.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     25 October 2011

Dear Baru

Mr Sridhar is rightly explained

mayankkumar (practise in the court)     26 October 2011

registrar office takes one month time minimum .

(Guest)

Its a valid marriage if priest and two independent witnesses are there. Get it registered. Call the marriage registrar to your home[Place where you are staying], always advisable in such marriages. Ceritficate by the priest and attested by witnesses is a valid certificate.

shankarimanian   19 April 2017

i need the help... Due tot the family issues, me and my lover already gt registered and we got the marriage certficate. Now we convinced our parents, and our marriage is going to happen at temple. So they have given the form which have to give 15 days in advance. In the form, they have mentioned that they are going to do the back ground verfication. Are they going to do the verfication with registrar? so please tell me how to proceed? bcz we donot want to hurt our parents.

Rajesh   13 February 2018

@shankarimanian im in same situation now. could you please help me how u managed?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register