IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saravanan (engineer)     11 April 2010

temple marriage certificate

hi all,


      i need to know, whether " the marriage certificate is issued by a temple under HR&CE, tamilnadu" is valid for visa application for my wife?

or we have to register it in a registrar office again.


please advice me 


 4 Replies

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     11 April 2010




Dear Saravanan


Temple certificate is not valid for a Passport application. You have to apply for a marriage certificate under Hindu Marriages Act.  






jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     11 April 2010

1st u registation your marriage under hindu marriage act. after that u can apply for visa

Minal (Assistant Lawyer)     11 April 2010

you have to registered the marriage and then apply for passpoer

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     12 April 2010

On the basis of certifiacte issued in the temple, register the marraige before concerned register office and obtain marriage certifiacte.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query