LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore (MDP)     17 April 2012

Teenage girl is trapped

My niece waited to be just 18 years to run away with a 24 year old boy. She might have been lured by the boy. My niece believes that the boy and his family is very good mannered. However, we found that they have committed a fraud in land dealing and litigation is going on. They are on a very poor ground and may loose the court case and may get jailed. Furhter more, boy had raped an SC/ST girl in his village and that case may be traceable from the village police station. The boy is un-educated and we do not see him any worth. Boy's mom is another fraudster and was reprimanded by a megistrate when she tried to submit wrong birth dates for her daugher for her immigration. She is infamous in her village and her name is linked to many persons at any point of time. We do not see any good future of our niece in this environment.

We tried to meet girl  but boy's mom and sister are against any meeting. They claim that she has run away from our home and has taken refuge there. She has married with a condition that she will not keep any relations with her parents and other relatives. When her parents go to meet her, they are abused. Last week the boy even threatened to kill the entire family of her relatives, if her parents ever tried to meet her. I think the girl has started realizing the mistake she did. I also think she is awed by the threats of killing her relatives. This could be the only reason she is being held back there.

We want some suggestions from the experts. We do not intend this marriage to continue any longer. Should we also submit an NC with local police station? Is ther any other remedial suggestions to end this marriage? Do you think that proofs of old cases and histories of thier misdeed may help us in any way?

 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 April 2012

You will have to file kidnap case against the boy, but girl should be in your favour.  After arresting the boy by the police she will have to support you, otherwise it will be big problem. 

You can do onething meet th elders of the boy's society and try to seperate them legally, if  both are married, otherwise just try to seperate them.  You have to move very carefully.

Ravi chaturvedi (Partner)     17 April 2012

it is all depend on the statement of girl. if she supports you, you have plenty of opportunities to file different type of cases. so you have to first of all take that girl in your confidence.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     17 April 2012

Both of them are adult. If they marry with their free will, you can do nothing legally. Any attempt to cause harm or injury to the boy may bounce back on you if the girl is on the boy's side. Don't try those things.

Try to cajole & convince the girl. This is the only way left.

1 Like

Vishwa (translator)     17 April 2012

The stupid girl deseves what she gets. Let her suffer. Such girls usually end up in the oldest profession, that is what they deserve and that is what they enjoy. You are thinking to use the legal machinery to file false cases against the boy and I see so many so called learned people giving you advice. Shame, shame!

1 Like

Kumar (Family CEO)     18 April 2012

The wise have spoken - Two consenting adults - what can either family do ?


 Author claims that the boy may get booked for rape, a serious criminal allegation.  If this is true, then be patient and case will get closed and girl will have no choice but to return home. 


Did you setup the rape or was it real ?



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query