LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sensitiveman (executive)     10 April 2013

Techie ends life, names wife, mom-in-law

BANGALORE: A techie committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan of his PG accommodation in Shantiniketan Layout, off Old Airport Road on Tuesday, allegedly due to harassment by his wife and mother-in-law.

Manoj Kumar, 36, employee of an IT major, has left behind a note saying he is taking the extreme step unable to bear the harassment from his wife and mother-in-law. A resident of RT Nagar, Manoj Kumar married a woman who is also a techie, two-and-a-half years ago. The couple has a one-year-old son.

Manoj Kumar's brother, Jitendra Kumar, has told the police that Manoj was repeatedly threatened by his wife and mother-in-law that they would lodge a dowry harassment case against him. The threats had forced Manoj to move out of his home and live alone at the PG accomodation.

HAL police have registered a case against the mother-daughter duo under Section 306 of IPC for abetment to suicide and are further investigating the case.

Learning

13 Replies

(Guest)

Now will the politicians listen?

Till when will men have to suffer at the hands of cruel wife and MIL.

Such a shame.

Such a sad incident.

sensitiveman (executive)     10 April 2013

We need to push for men's right and our protection from such draconian laws. If this persists then the Indian family system will not have a strong future. This in turn will lead to destruction of Indian social and religious culture with no true affection, no sacrifices and no compromises. Sometimes I wonder that a day will come when  their would be divorces among mother-son, brother-sister, daughter-father for petty issues.

what a dark future of India?

Kerala_Guy (NA)     10 April 2013

If Wife harass Husband there are no issues for anyone. If it is otherwise then....

(Guest)

All is needed is for one false-complainant to be sent to prison and then things will change by themselves.Also need to pass the Bill for Irretrievable Marriage Breakdown where couples can part ways after 3 years of separation instead of harassing each other emotionally, and financially.

manik (Manager)     10 April 2013

Even my wife has done the same...after 7 years of marriage and living together and a son of 5 and a half years...she told me she got transferred to mumbai and took my son away...then started threatning me of such consequences...forced me to file a mutual consent case which got dismissed on first hearing due to only being 10 months of seperation...after that she has tried every possible way to pressurise me to let her go and forget my son forever...and now she has filed a case against me in mumbai to harass me as I live in Delhi.....she just for the lust of money has ruined so many lives only because of such laws in favor of women in India

Amit (NA)     10 April 2013

My comments may be unpalatable but this unfortunate incident is forcing me.

I think we should stop screaming that people are not listening to us or our problems. Unless we do another Jantar Mantar agitation, things may not move.

As for this techie and others who might be contemplating suicide, bad though it is, why didn't he kill his tormentors and then die? That'd have helped bring it to attention since two women would have died as against a frustrated man killing himself which is no news these days.

dv (ghvhb)     10 April 2013

@ need justice I agree, we need some senior activists to help us proceed...

fighting back (exec)     11 April 2013

@need justive and DV, agree with you guys, lets start an online petition. instead of discussing it, lets get the petition online. and people will readily sign it. i dont have much idea of computers. hence cant comment muuch. but if anyone amongst us prepares this petition and post it online. with expert drafting from Ld members. i am sure many people will readily sign it. we will send the link to maximum people.

(Guest)

There is a "lighting candles in support" activity on13th evening here in bangalore by SIF.

abdul (MD)     11 April 2013

we should do a jail bharo andolan, i'm willing to come to any state / city from chennai and we all need to assemble in one place and do it cohesively, it will do some good against false 498a and harrasments

Aadil (Sales Manager)     12 April 2013

Ek Macher Aadmi ko Hijdha Bana deta hai...

Kiya kare Saala ek macher aadmi ko hijdaa bana deta hai...

100 mey sey 80 bemaan phir bhi mera bharat Mahaan..

humne chune huye neta humhi ko kaat deta hai..

etna sochne ke waqt hai kis ke pass..??

Saala Ek Macher aadmi ko hijdha bana deta hai..

fighting back (exec)     12 April 2013

@stalker..whats the use of candle marches.....people will walk silently like dumb lambs,,holding bollywood style candles....do some photo ops..thats it..where is the voice raised? need to bring in the press, TV and bloggers, who will reach out to all the homes in the country

Reformist !!! (Other)     12 April 2013

I feel a big big movement is required. What a shame. A girl can say anything lie and a person will be sent to jail for no fault of his and if he commits suicide, no one is covering the news. If this had been happened with a girl, whole population of India would have been on street and the in the eyes of ppl a person should have been hanged on road.

Shame for all of us. Helpless, we should join/start a movement.

Reason:-

1. Girl is in adultery.
2. Want to extort money/property.
3. Wants to control ur life and screw u and ur family.

I do not understand why the judiciary is not listening.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register