Tax on foreign origin income

I am a government employee. My wife is housewife. My wife solves problems posted in the interent and gets money. The money is directly deposted into her account. So far she has not received money more than 1.5 lac in any financial year. She has no PAN card. What income tax laws are applicable on her. How much tax she has to pay. Kindly advise. 



Your wife is a resident of India. She solves the internet problems, sitting in India only.Only she gets the money from abroad.Therefore her income is taxable in India.She has to comply with the Income tax Act 1961.However she can claim deduction for the expenses incidental to earning the income.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x