Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Medinee Kamal Borah (Advocate & Tax Consultant)     09 August 2011

Tax on compensation received from nhai

Respected Member

Is there any TAX liability on "COMPENSATION RECEIVED FROM NATIONAL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY OF INDIA for land acquired on account of widening national highway to four lane highway".

Please put foward your valuable views.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Medinee K. B.

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     09 August 2011

Yes, the amount received on compulsory acquisition of land for use by government is taxable, however, in order to escape tax it has to be invested in any of the modes prescribed under the Income Tax Act.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     09 August 2011

Yes the Compensation would be subject to long term capital gains tax -

sudharsanam.r (Advocate)     15 August 2011

yes, the amount received is taxable, still if the amount is lesser, you may claim further enhanced compensation.

shamparit (owner)     21 March 2013

Respected sir,

My self sham parit from karnataka belgaum city, sir i want to buy land beside national highway NH4 which is 100 meters away from current NH4 median. The road is currently getting upgrade from 2-lane to 4-lane. I'm searching for the road distance limits from median/centere of highways for both 2 and 4 lane roads. where can I get these details and road regulation acts. I searched NHAI website but i couldnt find any info relating to distance limitations and its change in regulations/rules. 
plz suggest me the reference/place/cite from where i can find needful information..
thanking you

Regards 
Sham.Parit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register