LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a victim (Manager)     15 February 2015

Tax evasion petition in 498a case

I am facing trial under dowry act. my in-laws have claimed to have spent Rs. 80 lacs in marriage which is totally false and is an attempt to extort money. My lawyer has suggested to file complaint with Income tax for enquiry . He opines that it will both ways help us in trial i.e. if they refuse it will be false statt. and if they accept, Income tax  deptt. will drag.

I want to consult the members of this forum if they endorse this action. Further, if any victum has benefitted from this action in the past and  if Income Tax Depatt. entertain such complaints. 



 6 Replies

fighting back (exec)     15 February 2015

it is the correct way to falsify a claim, and to harrass the petitioners to come out with the truth. there is nothing to loose by filing TEP

saravanan s (legal advisor)     15 February 2015

I agree with fighting back

Pinakin Joshi (Independent)     15 February 2015

I can guide you

Pinakin Joshi (Independent)     15 February 2015

Just submitt copy of PAN card and certified copy of statement submitted before the court..... These details can be submitted at any income tax office all over the INDIA. The receiving department of Income tax will forward these details to concerned ward area for necessary actions. The expenditure shown in statment or confirmed by her before court, Whehere these had been discloused before the income tax authorities in her IT returns???????

Income Tax dept will definately take immediate actions....

fighting back (exec)     15 February 2015

@pinakin.........can u please elaborate, which court should this petition be filed? in the DV court for divorce court? can it be claimed in case where she has shown this amount? 

jack (nothing)     18 February 2015

@Fightback : before filing TEP make sure you are legal in tax paying etc other wise it may fireback. Others also can comment on this?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register