Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj   30 June 2021

Table F of Companies Act 2013

Content of the Schedule :-

The seal of the company shall not be affixed to any instrument except by the

authority of a resolution of the Board or of a committee of the Board authorised by it in that

behalf, and except in the presence of at least two directors and of the secretary or such other

person as the Board may appoint for the purpose;

Query :-

Can any expert help me with the correct interpretation of any other person mentioned above.

does this any other person replaces company secretary only or the entire sentance i.e 2 director and CS.

or Only CS

Learning

2 Replies

BHAVYA SOM GARG   24 July 2021

Sir, on the basis of the situation laid out by you, I must inform you that the words “or such other person” seems to be applicable only on the Secretary due to two main reasons: the wordings are such other ‘person’ and not persons, meaning that the other person, who would be 1 in number, would substitute the secretary, who is also 1 in number. Further, there is no comma (,) after secretary, and the sentence runs in continuation till the next full stop(.) This means that the wordings “or such other person as the Board may appoint for the purpose” were not meant to apply on the entire provision and that it was to be restricted to the Secretary only.

Hope this satisfies your query

Manoj   02 August 2021

Thanks Bhavya Ji!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register