LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aveeyaar (PL)     21 May 2011

Survey Number mismatch between Patta and Sale Deed

Hi All,

I am new member to this forum. I purchased a land in sriperumbudur taluk in 2006 and got Patta in 2009 for the same land. In sale deed the survey no is mentioned as 224/1B, but in patta it is mentioned as 224/14.Other details , like my name and mesaurements were correct. Is this a problem ? Can I get this corrected ? Please tell me the procedure.





 15 Replies

Karl Jacob (Partner/Advocate)     21 May 2011


You may want to get it corrected by the revenue authorities. Just to be on the safer side.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 May 2011

You file an application to the concerned Revenue Authroity to rectify the mistake the property extract

1 Like

VIKRAM BALU (Advocate)     21 May 2011

If you have contact with your sellor, draft a rectification deed with the correct details and get it registered , very simple procedure involved.

Ajay Kumar Giri (Advocate)     21 May 2011


Since this is a registerted document so it should be corrected by a rectification deed duly signed by parties and same has to be rgisterted.


Ajay Giri Advocate

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     23 May 2011

It is better to get a rectification deed to avoid further problems. 

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     25 May 2011

dear sir, register a rectification deed where your sale registered.  they cary particulars in indexess also then only your transaction will be corrected. original executent of the sale deed or his successers are needed for this.

Mahendran (BE)     20 June 2011


I have the same problem.. In my case i am planning to buy a House (in chennai)and in Patta the South and West boundarries are different than in all the Sale deed(s) (Previous docs).

Now i do not know which boundary is correct either of Patta or all the previous Sale Deeds. Where should i approach to know which one is correct.

Is it enough to correct the last sale deed (Current owner from whom i am planning to buy) according to the patta if patta boundary is correct?

VIKRAM BALU (Advocate)     20 June 2011

Patta will not show any boundaries. Get a Map of your survey no.from the concerned Village administrative officer and measure the land/plot with the help of a qualified land Surveyor and get a sketch from him with the boundaries and measurements of the land/ plot mentioned and check the details with previous Sale deed , mainly check whether the pathway in the boundary portion is matching with your sketch. The owners of the land in boundaries may change but the pathway will always remain the same. If okay Then prepare the sale deed accordingly.

1 Like

banu (-)     25 April 2012


   i face a same kind of issue..i purchased a land five yrs ago now i have applied fro patta transfer and found that the survey number in the registered sale document is 360/2c while in the patta it is 360/6 so i'm not able to do a patta transfer... will filing a rectification deed solve this problem....does this discrepancy affect my ownership of the land.....i have got a EC for the survey no 360/2c shld i also apply for a EC for the new survey number to double chk the ownership..pls help

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     02 May 2012

Dear Banu Register a rectification deed EC data will be corrected in registrar office All your rights will be resumed soon after its rectiication deed registration only

raja   06 November 2015


I am planning to buy a land. But the dimensions in the patta is greater than the sale deed. Though the seller is claiming only as per sale deed. But which one will be legally valid. Can i recover the land from neighbor which is as per patta? Kindly advice.


Kesavanan Parthasarthy   01 October 2019

it is possible please contact me explin detils .

Kesavanan Parthasarthy   01 October 2019


Kesavanan Parthasarthy   01 October 2019

which is sale deed that particular only you cliam as well as exmption case very less or roundup means ,suppose 96 cent buyed but mesured part 100 cent it  is ok.,by mesuring Field map only should evalute ,if any doubt let me know 9840969087

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register