LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NoTit4tat   14 November 2015

Surname issue

My wife given her father family surname to my son in school records and her name in s/o place. And the same is produced in the family court How far I can fight and what else I can do on this issue How come my son carry their surname ?


 2 Replies


Who knows, whose kid it is?  Usually if it was your kid, she would have given your name to it as surname.  If they have given her fathers name as surname, her father must be the father of the kid.  No hard feelings here.  You need to get genetic testing done incase your wife files for alimony of kid, take copy of school records where kids name has her fathers name as its surname, and fight alimony case on grounds that kid is not yours and hence you wont pay, this in turn will help you get divorce easily if it is proved kid is not yours and that it is her fathers, as it would amount to adultery.  And therby you will not need to pay a single penny to her as alimony as she has child out of adulterous relationship with her own father.



Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     15 November 2015

If your wofe has custody of the child, she can writebher name in the s/o column, as has been clarified by the SC. However, she should use your surname in the child's name. You can fight that in the Family Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register