Surname change

hi all respected sir,

this is one of the best web site of lawyers where we get the geniune answers of our problem, i dont have words to describe about this site only i know how much lawyers belongs to this site helped me.

sir, my father isnt that much educated and his name is jagropan mallah, at the time on my school admission they registed my namy in the school record as sunil kashayp also i dont have my birth certificate now I am 26yrs old, recently i have changed my father surname from jagropan mallah to jagropan kashayp same i did with my mother surname in maharashtra gazette notification, new paper marathi english both also done with afidavit also now my query is it is neccessary to changed my father & mother surname in all doccument like, aadhar card, pan card, voting card, bank , light & water bill also on land tax or on propery related document or it will be ok if i will attach only the gazette copy everywhere where it will be be reuire. Tnx for your reply sir.



It is mandatory to keep the same records every where else, otherwise using two seperate name at seperate placed despite of change of name will be deemed as fraud done by your father and it is a criminal offence and punishable. so do the needfull urgent.



If it is not possible to change the surname in all those government and revenue records at this stage, you can carry the gazette publication along side to prove the changed name evidently.  There is no problem about it. Also, wherever they use their name, let them use their new name itself. 


I am agree with  Mr T Kalaiselvan Advocate




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x