Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Munirathnam (Scientist)     11 March 2010

Supreme Court counter filing process

Dear All,

I have filed criminal case on my in-laws and wife U/s 506, 384, 500 and 120B IPC in chennai.

Now my wife (single petitioenr, other accused were made as respondents) filed transfer petition (criminal) in Supreme Court asking to transfer it to Bangalore.

Supreme Court admitted her petition and send notice to me to file counter on or before 3rd March and next date of hearing would be on 10th March. Whereas surprisingly transfer petition was listed on 3rd March itself (which is the last day of the counter filing date) for hearing. It was my lawyer's great effort that he realised this and attended on 3rd in the court and told to the justice that today is the last day to file the counter and it is supposed to come for hearing on 10th March. Next date is given by the court.

I came to know that, counter need to be filed in Registry office with in the given time (3rd March as per notice). If not filed next date will be given by the registry (like this one or two) then it will be place in court for exparty order. Whereas in this transfer petition before counter filing date is oven it came for hearing. Can I believe that opposite counsel did something in Supreme Court. Please let me know what happened in this transfer petition ...

Thank you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register