LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan (IT)     01 May 2016

Summons the bank manager

Without knowing the bank account number is there any way to summon the bank manager to knowing the account number and account statements thru court.

Experts pls reply

Learning

8 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     01 May 2016

1) for what purpose u require this information? Bank manager is summoned only when he not follow rules framed by bank standard code for its officer .

2) U directly wne to bank and give ur application to bank for the information u require.

Thnaks

Srinivasan (IT)     01 May 2016

My wife filed Crpc125 and she is woking and earning. I dont know the account number but I know the bank name and branch where she has salary account.

So if I summons the bank manager by giving the address of my wife to get the bank statement of wife's account with out knowing the account number

1) for what purpose u require this information? Bank manager is summoned only when he not follow rules framed by bank standard code for its officer .

2) U directly wne to bank and give ur application to bank for the information u require.

Thnaks

1) u/s 125 wife claim maintenance from husband. In ur case u just prove that she is working in bank. i.e. photo ID of bank. Ur wife is not eligible to get maintenance since she can have source of incorm to maintain her self. 

THanks

(Guest)

I defer from above advice.

You need to give an application u/s 91 crpc to the court, court will do the needful.  But you should mention in you applicatoin where she works, the address of the company, that much is enough to get salary details of your wife.

Central Government Act
Section 91 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973
91. Summons to produce document or other thing.
(1) Whenever any Court or any officer in charge of a police station considers that the production of any document or other thing is necessary or desirable for the purposes of any investigation, inquiry, trial or other proceeding under this Code by or before such Court or officer, such Court may issue a summons, or such officer a written order, to the person in whose possession or power such document or thing is believed to be, requiring him to attend and produce it, or to produce it, at the time and place stated in the summons or order.
(2) Any person required under this section merely to produce a document or other thing shall be deemed to have complied with the requisition if he causes such document or thing to be produced instead of attending personally to produce the same.
(3) Nothing in this section shall be deemed-
(a) to affect sections 123 and 124 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 (1 of 1872 ), or the Bankers' Books Evidence Act, 1891 (13 of 1891 ) or
(b) to apply to a letter, postcard, telegram or other document or any parcel or thing in the custody of the postal or telegraph authority.

Neeraj   01 May 2016

Brother I am also a victim like u...if your wife is working and even if she is earning 5000/- PM still she will not get any single penny from u....there are so many judgements you can see in This regards...supreme court has passesd so many judgements on this.....she will not get anything....be rest assured...

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     01 May 2016

Go n ask d bank dey will clarify if has an account but will not disclose funds available so ask her to produce account full details by filing petition in d court Cell+91-91777-22930

stanley (Freedom)     02 May 2016

@ Author 

Option 1 you can summon the employer of the company where she works asking for the salary statement of the company ? 

2. you can ask the company to submit  their  balance sheet . 

3. You can ask her employer to sumbit their statement of accounts where in the salary being credited into her account would be reflected ?

4. you can ask the employer to submit her salary slip 

From this you would get her account no etc .There are a lot of ways to get the details :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register