LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (.)     04 March 2014

Summons not yet received but hearing on 18.03.2014-divorce

Hi All, My wife filed Divorce case on 25.01.2014 and registered in court on 18.02.2014 but summons not yet received.Please advise when I get summons from court? If dont get also court will issue exparte divorce to wife? How judge will decide? Please advise.

Thanks…

Filing date: 25-01-2014

Registration date: 18-02-2014

First Hearing Date  :  18-03-2014

Next Hearing Date :  18-03-2014

Purpose of Hearing : NOTICE

Under Act(s) : HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955

Under Section(s) : 13 -1 ia ib...........

Learning

11 Replies

D Madhavi Latha (lawyer and family counsellor)     04 March 2014

first thing is it is sad to hear that you couple are indulge in family dispute , which can be resolve through counselling by areal well wisher, but it seems to be not approached for counseling . Adultery and cruelty under these grounds your wife approached the Hon'ble Court  for granting divorce and you will be served with summons  to your present residence, If you intentionally avoid the summons then there is a chance for granting ex-parte orders. but  practically you will get time to represent your self and to file a counter to defend . it is friendly suggestion who ever fault it may be , approach you wife with a mediator(whois- both of your well wisher) and settle the matter amicable, for the wel being of your family. 

Srinivas (.)     04 March 2014

Hi Thanks for advise.Its almost 15 days over not yet received divorce summon from court. whether court will check wheather summon reached or not? I have only 15 days left to receive divorce summon but not yet received.Please advise is there any time limit to receive summons from court and after registration how many days it will take to send summons to respondent? Thanks...

Srinivas (.)     05 March 2014

Hi All,Pls advise on above query.Thanks...

Balaji (Self)     07 March 2014

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     07 March 2014

you know the next date

u know the court details.

no need to get paper copy of summons.

go and appear in the court on the date fixed.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     08 March 2014

it depends on your tactics and strategy you and you r advocate are adopting to face /win case..

if it feels worth to appeare then appear in front of court without any notice or summons if you feel it is good to hide your self now then better avoid summons by giving appropriate reason as presently i am doing the same my wife once filed divorce 4 year before the it was sent to record room by note that not pressed now she filed case in jan14 we come to know about notice in feb date was in early march now aging it is in early april with order to send notice by post . courior or registry for the presence of non applicant so it is part of play you can say now as all hurdle like false 498A, DV, sec 24, 125 etc you passes so the last one is sec 13 if you want to divorce her on her condition then you appear yourself on her application, if you want to divorce her on  your condition the you file the case in your court and  make her to appear in your court so which is favorable and benefitial to you act in that way.. and proceed

it depends on your tactics and strategy you and you r advocate are adopting to face /win case..

if it feels worth to appeare then appear in front of court without any notice or summons if you feel it is good to hide your self now then better avoid summons by giving appropriate reason as presently i am doing the same my wife once filed divorce 4 year before the it was sent to record room by note that not pressed now she filed case in jan14 we come to know about notice in feb date was in early march now aging it is in early april with order to send notice by post . courior or registry for the presence of non applicant so it is part of play you can say now as all hurdle like false 498A, DV, sec 24, 125 etc you passes so the last one is sec 13 if you want to divorce her on her condition then you appear yourself on her application, if you want to divorce her on  your condition the you file the case in your court and  make her to appear in your court so which is favorable and benefitial to you act in that way.. and proceed

it is posted in multiple times how i dont know please dont take it otherwise treat all the same as one.........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register