LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (Software engineer)     17 June 2011

Summons and deporting

Hi Experts,

I had a question. I have been married for 7 years now and since my marriage I have been away from home for work. for last 3 yrs I have been living in UK.

I am not getting along with my wife. We are ok with divorce as well. but had a concern. Her father has influence with local police and wanted to check can if they file any case against me, will I be deported back to India or it wont affect me untill I am in UK

Please advice.



 5 Replies

Anjali (IT)     17 June 2011

if it is ok with your wife , then file the mutual consent divorce in UK itself...don't ever do it in india if the gir's side has got influence in political, police , etc....the process is UK much easier than india...I am not sure if the assets will be split into 50:50...but remember UK people got pre-nuptial agreement

Rajesh (Software engineer)     17 June 2011

Thanks Anjali.

I am fine with splitting 50:50 in terms of wealth. Just that if my father in law files some irrelevant case to harras me. My concerns if can they get me deported or those cases would not concern untill I dont go to India.

Self service (None)     17 June 2011

1. No body can deport you. Deportation is only subject of UK Immigration or court not Indian police.

2. Face in India do not show fear otherwise other side will loot you.

3.As your wife is not in UK and you both are not UK citizen you can not do any thing in UK, you need to contact good lawyer and don't need about influence, they can not hang you. Mean while keep collecting evidences agaist other party.

**Victim** (job)     18 June 2011

@ Rajesh i suggest u fix this issue outside india especially if ur inlaws have influence with greedy cops then u better do it outside india......this is jst to be on safe side "RATHER TO BE SAFE THEN SORRY"........ask ur wife to apply for MCD and then u follow the procedures after her.....ur lawyer will explain u better......

**Victim** (job)     18 June 2011

Deporting i like this word especially in marital issue :)..........no one can deport you from U.K. ....i have gone through such issues and it's not going to happen

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register