LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (Unemp)     19 May 2012

Summon by chugh associate on behalf of mm

I had received one summon from Metropolitan Megistrate Saket Court with out any Case No. and it was saying have to appear on 06th May before 10 AM. Also it was in some some "CHUGH ASSOCIATES" envelop and sticker pasted from metropolitan megistate stamp on address of CHUGH ASSOCIATES.

It's matter for cheque bounce of my Airtel Bill and says Bharti Airtel VS my name.

Please help me to understand following points :-

1. Is it's genuine Summon (Without Any Case Number)

2. Envelop doesn't shows any symbol so that i can understand it's official govt. document.

3. On CHUGH ASSOCIATES envelop MM stamp with room number stamped.

Once Again requesting please help me to understand whether it's genuine stamp or collection strategy.


 7 Replies


It is wrong that the advocate sent the notice in his envelope but it is just a irregularity. Appear in the court on the given date and take bail.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     19 May 2012

If the summon bears stamp and seal of court then it can not be said that summon  is not genuine.the summon has been mistakenly sent to you by lawyer in his prited envelop.Appear in the court and seek bail.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     19 May 2012

Most probably these are fake summons.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     20 May 2012

It does not seem to be legitimate practice. Consult a local advocate

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 May 2012

It's just a clerical mistake.You just appear before the court and you will know what it is all about.

C. P. CHUGH (Practicing Lawyer)     04 June 2012

It has now become a practice, Ld MM in case of bulk complaints, handing over the summons to the counsel of complainant to despatch the same and file receipt of despatch. You must attend the proceedings on the stated date and time and obtain bail failing which NBW can be issued against you.

chinni (SW Engineer)     17 June 2012

Hi.. We got married in 2008 January. My wife is rude and she is a house wife. She wanted to live close to her parents. I came to London in 2011 January and it will be very difficult If I land here with family with out any arrangements for house and other basic things. So mutually discussed and she did agree that she will come and join me once I arrange all the basic facilities. But, after arranging all the facilities in couple of months, I did request my wife to come and join. Since then she is not showing any interest to come and join me. I did request her multiple times on this but no use. She wanted to keep my baby close to her parents and that is the reason she is not coming. few elder persons tried to convience her by mediation but she told them that I never informed her to come and join me. I have all emails that I sent her requesting to join me. she is threatening me that she will file a DV case if I force her to come. I filled an application and told her to apply for passport and she mentioned that she did apply for passport in 2011 June, But now she is telling that I never asked her to apply for the passport. We did exchange few emails about it but she told that she never sent any emails and she is also claiming that the email ID from which she sent emails is not her email ID. psycologically am soo disturbed with out seeing my baby. Is there any way that I can take legal action on her and will it help me in any way?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register