LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     14 October 2011

Summery suit

Dear Friend

the query is if any one issued a cheque and the same has bounce due to insufficiency of fund and the otherparty file a criminal complaint u/s 138 N I Act can he file a summery suit u/o 37 Cpc without the original Cheque or not, if yes what is the procedure and what's documents are required to file with the suit.

if nay judgement regarding this matter then plese refer to me

thanks in advance


 5 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     14 October 2011

yes he cna file a summary suit too . at the time of filing of summary suit you dont need original documents . you can enclose xerox copies .you have to file all supporting documents that in your opinion prove your case .


you dont need judgements for this

Vipin Kumar Marya (Advocate)     14 October 2011

Yes the person can file a summery suit U/o 37 CPC as both the remidy are of seperate nature (Criminal & Civil)

If person requires, then he can file a certified copy taken of the Cheque from the criminal file and it will hold as good as the original, as it is a certified copy from the court records.


Vipin Marya

kranthi (retainer advocate)     14 October 2011

U can take the certified copies of necessary documents and file the case

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 October 2011

Yes summary suit can be filrd with the certified copes of relevant documents.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     15 October 2011

thanks all of you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query