Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suitable anti virus.

Page no : 2

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     28 September 2009

Thanks Mr Raman! It apears that now it is working normal . I have restored at the date of it's re formate . However I was not feeling comfortable when it was reformated.

• I doubt  guardian anti virus installed in my computer is outdated and not updating. it is showing it's version April 2008.
  • I also doubt that   before three days a false guardian antivirus entered and when I was cancelled it , it  was reporting  virus threats . it was also showing like opening of "my computer" and reporting several threats in all files.

Thank you again for your kind guidance!

Arun Krishnan (Student)     28 September 2009

https://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

read the antivirus review here.

I would suggest you to use avast antivirus home edition.Its efficient and it won't slow down your system

www.filehippo.com/  you can download any antivirus or other essential softwares from here.Seems you are using a pirated copy of windows.So I suggest you use a firewall and prevent the windows programs from accessing internet..Zone alarm will do.

If things are not working,just re-install windows after taking copies of important documents to external discs.

1 Like

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     28 September 2009

Thank you Mr Krishnan. system was formated and Windows was installed recently in  in this month. yesterday I  restored the system to the date of formate. since then it is working normally and no problem encountered. I also installed google chrome as advised by Mr Raman. I am using internet explorer  or google chrome alternatively.

Note - after installation of google chrome  whenever I click on guardian anti virus,   it does not scan but opens google browser . should I delete guardian and install avast?

Raman ( )     30 September 2009

That would be good idea !

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     30 September 2009

After deleting  guardian , I tried to download avast . when i clicked it thanked and reported that now it will be downloaded automatically. but it's icon did not appear  on desktop. has it been downloaded successfully ? if so, how can I verify that it is installed ?

Arun Krishnan (Student)     30 September 2009

sir,

you can download avast from https://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html or you may try www.filehippo.com/ 

Raman ( )     30 September 2009

Simply downloading the files doesn't show the icon, also you have to install it then you will be able to see its icon ! You may want to check where you have downloaded (may be downloads folder under program files) these executable files then try to install it in a particular destination folder and see how it works !

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     30 September 2009

Today my computer engineer came . since problem had disappeared after restoring, he did nothing except to installing Hindi font and DVD player.  after that  previous problem was re occurring and also  a suspicious site  with blank pages is opening  automatically . I again restored the system in yesterday’s date thereafter it is working.

Thereafter I installed  avast . It scanned the files thoroughly and reported that c file is infected with win 32 trojen .  It gave several options in which I pressed key  for  “delete all”.  Now, the system is working with new problems :  1.  reporting a malware 2. automatically opening a suspicious  site with blank pages .

Note : This thread also  gives a picture as to how competent and honest computer professionals we have ! Aforesaid engineer  belongs to broadband team and was recommended to me by BSNL authorities. So far my system is concerned, I bought it under assurance and belief that everything including windows is genuine.

Naresha (CEO)     01 October 2009

Hi

Dr. V.N. Tripathi ji......

I am Naresha form Tamil Nadu... In my openion ....Antivirus programe is not a full security for your system. You must always update Microsoft updates for your OS and Trorjon  Remover, Spyware Remover, Adware & Maleware Remover and also Windows Defender which is a Microsoft Product and also you have to update these programs always.

Naresha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register