LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harpinder Singh   17 June 2018

suicide by mother-in-law

My son got married on 19-11-17 and went back to his job at Bangkok on 8-12-17.After that daughter -in-law ill treated her M-I-L who were alone at their home at Delhi as me and my other son were posted at Haryana/Chandigarh.We both visits Delhi on weekwnds.
My wife and D-I-L were going to join my son at Bangkok on 10-3-18,tickets were purchased.But on 08-3-18 my D-I-L created nuinsance at home and called her parents who took her with them forcibily without our consent. And forced my son that either M-I-L OR D-I-L will go to Bangkok. We have to agree because they were clearly threatening for false allegetions under dowry case.My D-I-L WENT to Bangkok alone and we have to cancel the ticket of my wife.
Now D-I-L ILL treated my son at Bangkok ans finally threaten him of dire consequences. My son called his mother to Bangkok on 07/04/18.She joined them on 08/04/18 and my D-I-L left Bangkok with her brother and one of friends with clearly indicating that false case under 498A and other related section will be filled againat us.
They filled a case against us and first hearing was on04.06.18.I was asked to attend hearing as my son and wife were at Bangkok.I joined the proceedings where all false allegations were made against mt wife and son.After meeting I told her about the proceedings.
Then she committed suicide at Bangkok after sendin her dying declaration (audio)to all her contacts.Audio clearly indicates the name of daughter in law and her relatives were behind her suicide.
Now guide us how to tackle the situation in next hearing.

Learning

7 Replies

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     17 June 2018

Which means the women who died was your wife? Am I correct? 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 June 2018

Get the FIR registered u/s 306 IPC read with section 34 IPC against the daughter in law and her relatives as named in the audio recording that caused the suicide of your wife and urgent proceed for this criminal complaint against them by police.

The Section 498A IPC complaint is not yet registered against the husband and other members and only notice sent u/s 41, 41A Cr.P.C to the named accused persons but the FIR u/s 306 IPC against daughter in law and her relatives can be got registered immediately without serving any notice to them as the maximum punishment u/s 306 is imprisonment upto 10 years and u/s 498A IPC is 3 years. Notice u/s 41,41A Cr.P.C is required to be given if the maximum punishment is upto 7 years imprisonment.

But FIR is not registered as the suicide done is at Bangkok.Police is not regestering FIR but compliant is given to Police

Aman sir, Yes my wife who is mother in law has committed suicide.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 June 2018

The person who died and against whom charges are complained are all Indians and Indian Penal Code applies, even if the suicide committed in Bangkok. There is no ground for not registering FIR by police. Contact the Deputy Commissioner of the district for getting it registered. You should move application under section 156 Cr.P.C with Judicial/Metropolitan Magistrate if still no action taken by Police.

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     17 June 2018

Make a complaint to the concerned officer of the police station and the same complaint should be copied to SHO, ACP, and DCP.

Try to make a transcriptt of the recording and affixed it with the complaint. If still no action be taken by the police officials then you can make a complaint U/S 156(3) to the magistrate. In this complaint, the magistrate may ask the police officials to conduct the inquiry.

Thanks,

Regards,

Aman Chawla

Thanks sir Aman & Vijay Raj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register