LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hello World (director)     07 January 2015

Suicide!

A friend of mine is contemplating suicide as she is under serious mental trauma and a literal house arrest in Kerala. She is in a forced marriage from the past 1 year and has visited 2 counsellors who have adviced her along with her husband to go in for a mutual separation post 6 months but the family is pressurizing her and not allowing her to come to Mumbai and work and is literally keeping her under house arrest in Kerala. They want her to adjust in this forced marriage and she is unable to do the same.

She has no courage nor the mental support to go to police and seek legal help due to society pressure, family pressure etc.

I wanted to know sitting here in Mumbai can I be of any legal help to her or can I move the court, police station on her behalf to help her out of this situation and free here from the house arrest and let her come to Mumbai if she wants to??

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     07 January 2015

Dear, Yes you can write a complaint to the concerned police station regarding the same... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     13 February 2015

File a Writ Petition of Habeas Corpus before the Kerala High Court asking the Police to produce the lady before the Court.

However, in this case, the lady is a a major and is supposed to take care of herself, so there is little chance of the petition succeeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register