LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj malhotra (M.D)     12 July 2011

Suggestion needed about reconciliation...

hi im raj from a business man..earning 30k married in july 2010..marriage remain unconsummated bcd of wive's unco-operative behaviour towards me and my family..wifes parents started putting undue pressure for seperation from my family n threathened for 498a.i couldnt take it so i got divorced by panchayat...they took 7 lakhs as permanent alimony...but now when i got back to them for divorce decree by court..they r saying that they want to re concile...

now i want ur genuine opinion that whether i shuld trust my in laws again or not...i couldnt decide as im still having some feelings for my wife but afraid of future wid such a girl..wht shuld i do..thanks..


 1 Replies

Sameer12345 (SSE)     12 July 2011


Give yourself answer...

Dear Raj,

I guess you are now reallized that you made a mistake by taking divorce from panchayat, which is no loger valid in the eyes of law.


Are you able to give care, love, understand her in every situation whether it is in your  favor or not, and mostly will you compromise in EVERY SITUATION throught your life ? Than i will say yes, Go and take her back without further thinking.

If you have doubt on you and them. then you should make some agreement and conditions in front of the people who are your well wisher. This will little bit control your wife in future and there will be a little bit pressure on your in-laws too but this wont stop your wife to file 498a in future.

Right now their intention is too just check you, whether you love her or not. They are on the same situation. They also cannot decide what to do. They wants all burden on you. if you deny their expectation about re-conciliations than again some cases may be file. 

Ask your wife and check her willingness towards to join you.  

I am not a lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register