25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Chennu (senior)     10 December 2015

Suggestion needed


I have filed a divorce case in 2012 and got the judgement in October 2015. Judgement was in my favor and the Hon'ble Family court (City civil court, Hyd) granted divorce on the grounds of cruelty. Yet to recieve the final judgement copy.

Now my question is

1. I got a notice today asking me to appear before Lok Adalat, seems my case is referred to Lok Adalat. Can i know why this has been done?

Has lok adalat got the authority to reopen my case?

Just curious as

I got acquital in 498, Maintaince case has been dismissed and Divorce is granted. 

Worrying factor is Am I supposed to go through this cycle once again?


Thanks for your quick suggestions and inputs


 2 Replies


No, Lok Adalat has no power to reopen a case  already disposed off by a family court or a trial court.Better check up personally with the concerned Lok Adalat.

Srinivasa Rao Yaramati (advocate)     10 December 2015

no, if file sent to the loack adalath fiel a memo stating the decree and all 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query